www.hotmail.com was recently known as outlook.com, was Microsoft’s old messaging system, which has been now updated, and its 2017 version is now accessible to everyone. This recent version, like all the versions before it, moreover, brings its share of new features, especially in the connection process.
It was in 2012 that Hotmail changed its name to Outlook.com. Although it was still only a testing phase at that time, we already knew that Hotmail days were numbered. This change was notably accompanied by a new interface, which put the Metro atmosphere in the spotlight.
How we connect to Outlook
Many procedures allow you to connect to your Outook.com mailbox. In your browser’s address bar, you can write one of the following URLs: hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com, or msn.com. The last URL will take you to Microsoft’s browser, where you can log into your mailbox by clicking on “outlook.com.”
How to Signup Hotmail
Once you type www.hotmail.com or www.live.com in your browser window, you will be redirected to a homepage screen with the link https://signup.live.com/signup?mkt=en. On the connection interface, the user will be asked to enter his personal data, namely his username (email address, Skype name, or even phone number ) and password.
The detailed step by step procedure has been explained below:
- First, you will be requested to enter your First and Last name.
- It’s mandatory to input your Date of Birth for verification purposes later on.
- The next step is to specify your gender details.
- Afterward, we will choose a Microsoft account name; it can be something like email@example.com or ⦁ firstname.lastname@example.org; we can actually put anything on it; the only thing is that we must check or confirm that that username is available.
- Once we have checked that the name is available, we proceed to create a password to access your account and then confirm it.
- We enter a phone number and an alternative email address; if you have it in case you lose or forget the password, you can quickly recover it.
- We must specify the nationality.
- We must also complete the captcha to confirm that we are not a robot.
- We click ” I agree” to accept all the terms of service and its policies.
Login Hotmail From Windows
The most widely used operating system worldwide that certainly fits is “Windows” that is why we must also mention this in this article because the same approach has a section for email by default if it is the first time to access this section, follows the following steps.
- Open ‘Mail’ for Windows 10 and click ‘Get Started.’
- Select the option ‘+ Add account.’
- Choose the option “Outlook” (In which Hotmail is included)
- Enter the details of your Hotmail account and click on ‘Login.’
- Enjoy the service from Windows.
Hotmail (Outlook) mobile application
Outlook.com (Hotmail) has a mobile application that you can install on your device, be it Android or iOS. To login to Hotmail mobile application, follow the below steps:
Download the Hotmail application from the corresponding store.
- After installing the app, make it run on your mobile and go to signup; if you don’t have a Hotmail account else, you can use your existing Hotmail account to get your mailbox directly to your mobile.
- In the ” Add account ” section, enter the Outlook email address you have registered, then press “Continue.”
- Enter the password corresponding to your email account, then press “Login.”
- Now you can access your inbox directly from the app via your mobile phone.
When you add Outlook or Hotmail account to the official application, it is prescribed that you enable notifications to know about all the messages that show up in your inbox. It is also possible to open your email directly from the mobile browser by entering the address outlook.com in your preferred browser.
How to remain Hotmail sign in
Check the “ Keep me signed in ” box if you don’t want to have to re-enter your address and password the next time you visit the site; they will therefore be pre-registered, and you will not have to waste time entering the information necessary for identification each time you connect. Also, it saves you the hassle of forgetting your password.
On the other hand, you are not advised to pre-register username and password if you are connecting from a computer that is not yours, or a public computer, because the next person to connect to Outlook will be directly directed. On your account with the identifiers that are yours.
HOTMAIL PROFILE PICTURE
Good news. www.hotmail.com/, Hotmail users can now link their photo to their Outlook.com profile. Goodbye grayish outdated is devoid of personalities who have always represented you in your messages.
To take full advantage of this change, you need to follow these few instructions:
The first step for this image modification is to go to your name at the top right of the live.com interface. live.com: Edit profile Click on ” Edit profile ” and then on ” Edit image. ” live.com: Change picture
A new page will appear and give you a ” Choose File ” option. This will allow you to make a selection of images to upload and to resize the photo as you wish. Remember to save this change for synchronization with Hotmail.
Can’t Login to hotmail.com
When the connection has failed, you will be able to click on the ” I forgot my password ” link, and hotmail.com will redirect you to a page where you will find a series of questions related to the connection failure you encountered.
What to do when the connection has failed?
You will then get a page with three choices:
- I forgot my password.
- I know my password, but I cannot log in.
- I think someone other than me is using my Microsoft account.
You will therefore have to tick the correct box each time while clicking on the ” Next ” button.
What to do if I forgot my password
How do I find my Hotmail password?
Choose the mention: “I forgot my password.“
In the process of recovering your password, you will be asked to enter a captcha code and then the method by which you want to recover your password. Live.com: I forgot my password
If you cannot provide a phone number, choose the other password recovery mode. You will then have to enter personal information (name, first name, date of birth, security question …) You will also have to provide another email address on which you will be contacted within 24 hours to find your password. By following these steps, you will be able to access your Hotmail account again quickly and securely.
Hotmail Security Advice
Many account thefts are generally caused by carelessness when logging into the Outlook service or any other service that requires entering a password via the keyboard. That is why we will give you some tips so that the login to your account is as secure as possible, avoiding the loss of your account so that it can’t be utilized by fraudulent people.
- Always check the address bar of your PC/Mobile browser where you enter your information, whether it’s the official one: Microsoft’s email administration must be gotten to through these official locations: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com, msn.com and with the subdomain login, record or mail. X .com (where “x” is one of the addresses referenced previously). Ensure the location in the program is one of them; if you see something bizarre like 1-outlook.com, stop! It very well might be a potential phishing endeavor.
- Keep your antivirus updated and refreshed. Antivirus and antimalware are critical to recognize malignant phishing attempts that gather delicate data, for example, passwords; keep them tuned!
- If it’s not your PC, log out when wrapped up. Try not to tragically leave your meeting dynamic on gadgets that don’t have a place with you; others could browse your email!
- Update your password regularly; For help with that, check out our article on how to change your Hotmail password.
Central Point of Guide
Enjoy the service that Microsoft provides for free without any inconvenience by following the advice we have just given you. With them, your account will be totally safe, and you will not have any inconvenience. Always try to update your password every six months and never share your security question or password details with anyone. Happy browsing!